The Village of Antioch (approx. population of 14,430), located in the northwest corner of Lake County, is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Aquatic/Activities Manager for the Parks and Recreation Department.
Under the supervision of the Director of Parks and Recreation, the Aquatic/Activities Manager is responsible for year-round management of the Antioch Outdoor Aquatic Center. This includes the managing of staff as well as planning, budgeting, and promoting of all aquatic complex programs and activities to meet quality, cost, and community criteria. The employee will also be responsible for off season recreation program coordination which includes the planning, organizing, and implementing of recreation programs.
Qualified individuals will be expected to be very detail-oriented and organized, and have prior experience in aquatics management and/or programming in addition to membership sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aquatic Management or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Aquatics Management or Aquatics Programming.
- Experience in Membership Sales desired.
- Possession of a Valid Driver’s License.
- Must possess or be able to obtain shortly upon hire an Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Certification and Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Certification. Must also possess or be able to obtain and maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications as well as Lifeguard Instructor certification.
The starting salary is $45,000 +/- dependent on qualifications. A comprehensive benefit package includes participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), health insurance, life insurance, and paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.
Village of Antioch
Kathy Lamkin, HR Consultant
874 Main Street
Antioch, IL 60002
The deadline to submit application materials is December 22, 2017.