Antioch is proud to welcome the Lincoln Funeral Car August 25 thru September 9, 2018 in Downtown Antioch. This once in a lifetime opportunity is hosted by the Lakes Regional Historical Society.
You won’t want to miss the rare chance to board the 2015 Lincoln Funeral Railway Car. This wonderful recreation (2015) of the original Lincoln Funeral Car (original was burnt to the ground) will be available for viewing from 9 am to 6 pm daily. Admission is $5 pp; they deeply regret that this historic recreation is not handicapped accessible.
Hosted by Lakes Region Historical Society, with the help of their sponsors. Tour Groups available from 10 am till Noon with advance notice. Don’t miss the following Lincoln Programs available to the public:
- Abraham Lincoln portrayed by Fritz Klein-“The Last Full Measure” by Ken Bradbury-a moving perspective from Lincoln’s point of view, on what may have transpired in the President’s mind while he lay dying that fateful night of April 14, 1865.
Considered one of the nation’s foremost Lincoln actors, FRITZ KLEIN makes Lincoln and his period of history come alive in his performances. Klein was born and raised in Southern California. Graduating in 1970 with a B.A. he married and took up landscaping in Hawaii. He began acting in 1975, in a local historic pageant and seasonal drama. In 1976 he was asked to portray Abraham Lincoln at the Kailua-Kona celebration of the national bicentennial. Since 1980 the Lincoln role has been full-time, taking him to some 35 states for film and television, on stage, and as a motivational speaker. A father of four children, he now resides with his wife Linda in Springfield, Illinois where he gives performances for some of the city’s 500,000 annual visitors. From there he also travels to points across the nation on tours, and by special invitation.Klein’s portrayal of Lincoln brings this American icon to life. He bears a striking physical resemblance to Lincoln. His programs are thoroughly researched, historically accurate and blend Lincoln’s humor with his great humanity. His ability to adapt to any audience and adapt his program’s content to your theme means that you are guaranteed to walk away with new insight into the man and a genuine sense that you have been with Lincoln himself.Mr. Klein will be presenting, The Last Full Measure by Ken Bradbury, a moving perspective from Lincoln’s point of view, on what may have transpired in the President’s mind while he lay dying that fateful night of April 14th, 1865.
2 dates and locations:
- Sunday, 9/2/18 at 7:30 pm at Antioch Community High School (1133 Main Street, Antioch, IL), Admission $10 pp; and (Tickets can be bought at the railcar or at the door if tickets are still available);
- Monday, 9/3/18 at 2:00 pm at PM&L Theatre (877 Main Street, Antioch, IL), Admission $10 pp. (PM&L Tickets can be bought at their box office 847-395-3055)
- Concert-Regimental Volunteer Band of Wisconsin – Free Concert in the Bandshell, adjacent to the Railcar site on Saturday, September 1, 2018 beginning at 1:30 pm. Bring your blanket of a lawn chair to enjoy a concert in the park as you would have heard it 150 years ago! Period music will be played on authentic instruments of the time. You will have the opportunity to visit with the musicians and query them about their history.
- Civil War Reenactment-Labor Day Weekend (Downtown Antioch)
- Military Honor Guard on Labor Day Weekend
- Sulters and Cannons-Cannon Fire will be fired on Saturday and Sunday at 10:30am and 3pm.
For more information on the 2015 Lincoln Funeral Car, please call 847-395-1166.